Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 940

I had an Ah Ha moment the other day. Actually, it's been a moment in progress, but somehow, the other night in yoga class, immediately after successfully completing my crow pose, I came down to my mat and Ah Ha!

It was liberating and exhilarating and I finally felt peace.

It has taken a while to get here, but I've decided that 30 is going to be my time to shine. I know that, in past posts, I have dwelled upon about getting older, but the Ah Ha about it is...age ain't nutin' but a number. Kind of ridiculous it took an Ah Ha moment to reach that conclusion, huh?

I do realize that I will have to work harder than I ever have in order to make this happen. That means continuing to bust my tail at the gym. That means resisting temptation of unhealthy habits, both for my diet and for my health. That means to curb my spending, keep a close eye on my finances and seeing the difference between what I need and what I want. That means to continue working hard in my career and the work that I love. And also, that means to start listening to both my head and my heart, so the decisions I make, although some painful or heartbreaking, will be the very best for me.

Geez, that's a lot to champion in just six months. But you know what, it's about time.

It is a bit ridiculous that I had to wait almost 30 years until I started to get my rear in gear. And it is a bit ridiculous that I am finally standing up a getting what I deserve. A healthy body. A health mind. Financial stability. Professional success and fulfillment. And relationships full of respect and honesty and commitment and love.

I don't think that is too much to ask for. But the thing is, no one is going to hand it to me. It is there for me to stand up and take. I've got to fight for it until people decide to fight for me.

So I guess the question is, why wait until 30? As dad always said, "There's no time like today." He definitely got that one right.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Sounds like you got your mind in the right place! I look forward to seeing all you have to accomplish ahead of you!

Anonymous said...

i remember when 30 hit! Your sister was right there with me and helped me through a cobweb of misplaced thoughts...the ones you covered and a few more. Hope all goes well on the home search!

Anonymous said...

30 was an Ah ha age and then some for me. That was the time that I figured out that I would be okay if I met Mr. Right or not. I was happy, healthy, and eager to grow and learn. And six months later I met your Uncle Gary!!