A lot of thoughts and emotions have passed through my head this day.
Humility. Pride. Sadness. Joy. Excitement. Confusion. Inspiration.
Too many emotions for one person for one day. It's been a bit of a roller coaster. But at the end of the day, I'm laying my head down to rest on one great emotion: hope.
Hope that at the end of the day, there are good people out there fighting the good fight. Hope that tomorrow can be a better day. Hope that people can set aside their differences and join together for a better cause. Hope that a difference can be made.
This isn't only a political speech here. It's pretty much my theme for each day that passes. Many are hard. I'm confused and frustrated and worried, constantly worried, about what direction my life is headed. Hope is the only way for me to get through the day.
But what a day for politics too. Today was a historic moment for all American people. This is what I do, what I love. And to be a part of this history, well, it's priceless to me. And at the end of today, hope is what I'm left with. Hope is how I'm ending my day, and I couldn't be more pleased.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I couldn't say it better myself.
Hope exists every day. Some days it's just easier to see.
L.
Post a Comment