Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 588

Little Rock, and the 10-year high school reunion, was way too much fun, hence my posting absence until tonight. I'm still trying to catch up on all my sleep, although now I'm stuck watching Game 6 of the NBA Finals, so looks like I won't be getting to bed early tonight either.

It was really so good to see and catch up with everyone, and I am very happy I spent the money and came home after all. I'll post some photos below, but just too warn you, it was two long, hot nights outside in Arkansas...not my best!

Some housekeeping from the last post: I didn't end up buying any of the three books I mentioned. The first one I really wanted, but they didn't have it in stock. The other two were entirely too big to tote around on the plane ride home. So I ended up with Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express". She's an author I've always wanted to read, and so far, she's exceeding my expectations. A very good read so far.

As for Father's Day on Sunday, well, I just tried not to think about it all weekend. I think the fact that I was a bit hungover and extremely tired on my travels home Sunday helped me get through the day. It didn't help that every flight attendant and random stranger on the plane brought it up, but luckily my hazy state of the day didn't get too affected.

I'm still not trying to think much about it, but everywhere I've looked this week has reminded me of him. Tim Russert's death, a Newsweek article on cancer, the NBA Finals. All unrelated, but still, I'm reminded hard of dad this week. And speaking of Tim Russert's death--what a untimely passing. My heart goes out to his friends and family. I can tell you first hand, his passing has been hard on many in Washington.

And now for many prayer requests: besides the many MSM '98ers that I found out were expecting, I now have 4 good friends who will be having babies! All your little beans are in my prayers ladies! And also, I found out another good friend's father has a malignant tumor in his eye. Please keep him and his family in your prayers as well.

Some photos from the weekend...since I'd rather just take the pictures than be in them, I only have a few with me in them. Please send some my way if you have them!


My thirsty friend in the Cleveland airport...I just thought this was too funny!


Stacey and I at the Friday night party.


Katie A, Kelly and I late night Friday.


Princess Ashley and I Saturday night.


Me, Stacey & Kel Saturday night.

2 comments:

StaceyF said...

I am so glad to that you spent the money and came home because we had the best time! It was so great to see you and I miss you already!

Kate said...

i have watched all the tim russert stuff too. so sad. i'm glad you are getting the tears out..i think it's good to release those when you need to! glad you all had fun at the reunion!