Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 721

It is a cold and rainy day in Washington, and the weather is reflected in my mood. My interview, in my opinion, was less-than-stellar, so I decided I needed to get out of town on a dime for a few days, and drove to West Virginia where my grandparents live. It was a nice few days away, and I took my good buddy Jack (6-year-old cousin) to keep me company. The weekend turned into one long journey to find Jack a #32 West Virginia University Mountaineers jersey (which is worn by my redshirt Freshman cousin, Alex Peluchette). It was a bust, but he did make out like a bandit. He's too damn cute not too...he totally knows how to work me and everyone else to get exactly what he wants. I came home empty handed, but my head is a bit calmer than when I arrived, and that's all I needed. Yesterday I was curled up on the couch with my Pap and the rest of the boys watching the Steelers loose. Not a good night in the Peluchette household, but there was no place I'd have rather been.

I also discovered that the driver in my computer needs to be replaced, and who knows when I'm going to have the money to get that done, so unless I sneak over here to my aunt & uncle's, you won't be seeing a post from me this week. As one who is glued to my Blackberry at all seconds of the day and night, being without the internet at my house is soooooo incredibly frustrating. Just add it to my list, right?

2 comments:

Linsley said...

I hope the interview went better than you think! Sometimes they do, you know!!

The Marks said...

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. I bet the interview went better than you think, and I'm glad you were able to get out of town for a couple of days. Tootles for now...