Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 1154

Today is my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary. Happy one year Lindann and Neil! Last year, I didn't post about the wedding since I had zero pictures until months later when they came back from the photographer, so today I'm reflecting back on the day.

It was such a beautiful ceremony and reception, and a true testament to the love and hard work of our family. A bit of background...my mom is one of ten kids, and all but one family made it in for the wedding, as did all of Neil's family & loved ones from North Carolina. And as soon as they got to Little Rock, they were put to work! We did the food, the flowers, the reception decorations...my uncle even sang with the band!

Anyway, it was a fun-filled week, with both the New Year's Eve celebration and the wedding after party at my mom's house. Even my grandfather stayed up late night to talk with us. And the reception was SO much fun...and we have the pictures to prove it. It reminded us that there is nothing like celebrating a joyous event with family and loved ones. Even with dad gone, we felt his presence there, and know he was with Lindann and Neil on their special day.

Enjoy our celebration, and congratulations on your first love-filled year Lindann & Neil!



Mom walked Lindann down the aisle.



Dad was here with us too.



Wedding ceremony was at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Downtown Little Rock. Beautiful.







The newly Mr. and Mrs. Day









I told you our family is big...many were even missing from the picture.





Getting down at the reception.





After we sang Shades with all the Chi Omegas.



There are so many photos I don't have to share, but I'm sure you can tell from these it was a beautiful, joyous day. So happy for my sister and brother-in-law...I wish you a lifetime of wonderful days as this. Love you!

No comments: