I had the kids again this weekend--this time just Valeri and Ryan. The rest of the fam went to Richmond for a overnight baseball tournament, and Val and Ryan didn't get back from the Jersey Shore with friends in time to make that trip. So, they hung with me all weekend, which was fun. Poor kids were such troopers, because I was trying to get as much pre-moving stuff done as I could with them in tow.
So yesterday morning, I taught three swim lessons and then went to pick up the kids. It's funny; Friday night I was at their neighborhood pool teaching a lesson to a family friend, and this lady came up to me and talked me into teaching her two little ones as well. Not to boast, but it's amazing how fast kids can learn if they have the right instructor. I had her little girl swimming the length of the pool by the time her 30 minutes were up. I don't have too much time to devote to doing this, but it's extra cash, and an excuse to get a bit of a tan, and I feel like it gets me back to my roots. I always thought if I wasn't doing what I am doing, I would be teaching.
Anyway, after the lessons, I picked up the kids and went to my house. They napped and watched a movie on my bed while I finished cleaning out my closets for Goodwill. The only thing I have left to do is my shoes. Then I treated them to their favorite, sushi (isn't that so funny), and went home to watch a movie. They picked out "The Bucket List", which although funny, had all three of us crying at the end. Let me just put it this way...if you've lost someone, especially from cancer, recently, don't watch this movie. We were all boohooing so much that I had to let them stay up to watch "Hairspray" just to dry the tears.
Today we ran a million errands...Starbucks first of course, then Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and The Container Store. Since my place is so tiny, I'm having to be really organized and efficient with every inch I have. So I bought bed lifts, under bed storage, storage boxes, etc. And I found this FABULOUS wrapping paper at The Container Store that I'm going to use to line the back of the built in shelves/entertainment center in my living room. It's going to look so good when I get this all together.
I have a very busy work week plus all my packing to do, so I may not be posting too much in the coming week. Hopefully I'll be organized enough to get all settled in well so I can at least post some progress until it's all put together. Until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like an ideal weekend! Good luck with the move!
I can't wait to see the new place...meaning I hope you post pics, of course! And I sure wish you were here to teach Addison's swim lessons! I like her teacher, but she's no Shawna!
Post a Comment