Since my brain is mush tonight, I thought I'd just share a prayer that a friend mailed my way. The amount of love and support that my family and I have received in the past year has really been overwhelming, and the fact that this love has continued on way past our normal "mourning period" shows that you really care and understand what we're feeling. It doesn't go away once the flowers have dried up...it stays with us forever.
Anyway, this was sent to me by my friend Kate a month or two ago. My friends especially always look out for me around that time--with dad's anniversary, my birthday and Christmas so close together, you all understand how that time of year is particularly hard, and I appreciate it more than I can ever say. Thanks Kate for sending this my way...you are always so great at sending on your personal thoughts and care. I thought this was beautiful.
God, make me brave for life.
Let me straighten after pain,
As a tree straightens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again.
God, make me brave for life.
As the blown grass lifts,
Let me rise
From sorrow with quiet eyes,
Knowing thy way is wise.
God, make me brave,
Life brings such blinding things.
Help me keep my sight.
Help me to see aright.
That out of dark comes light.



My college friends


My Little Rock friends





My DC friends
I know there are some of you missing, but know I love you all and wouldn't be the same without you!
4 comments:
First of all, you have GOT to get some better pictures of me on here! :) That was a beautiful poem Kate sent you, and you are one of the strongest people I know! Look at all these great friends you have! Hope you know how much I love and miss you! I promise I'm coming to visit one of these days!!
What fun pics! None of us would be the same without you either! You truly are an inspiration.
What a beautiful prayer - thank you for sharing! Hope the sleep did you good; tootles for now, M-M
oh shawna--you always make me cry! :) i love reading this blog...please know that you are helping so many people at all stages in their life...
ALSO..thank you so much for your sweet text the other night! just be glad you're not a head case like me! :)
Post a Comment