Technically, there are around 15,000 journalist covering the Democratic National Convention. I know that a few of you are interested in my job, and so to sum it up easily, my office is in charge of media credentialing, management and logistics of all Periodical Press at both the Democratic and Republican National Conventions. Historically, our office has had this role since our conception in the 1940s...basically because we are professional non-partisan. Since this is a role we take on for both houses of Congress, it is logical for us to continue this role at Conventions. We also do this for the Presidential Inauguration, State of the Union, Presidential Lying-in-States, etc. There is obviously a lot more to it, but we are basically in charge of all media coverage for Conventions. So lucky me, I get to have this amazing experience for the next few weeks.
Lots of pictures are below. Tomorrow we hand out credentials all day long, but then I have two super fun parties to go to, so hopefully I'll take some fun pics from there. Enjoy below...
On the field at Invesco Field. The roped off area in the middle is where Senator Obama will make his Convention speech Thursday night.
The entertainment and network stages being constructed. There was a Bronco game last night, so there is a LOT of work to do.
View from the press stands.
The DNC Media Party...so much fun. The pics are with my boss and other collegues during the Convention. Oh, I totally won a huge elephant (ironic?) stuffed animal at the Whack a Mole game. Everyone got a kick out of the fact that I was the best whacker in town. And fireworks at the end of the night...couldn't be any better!
1 comment:
HOW FUN!!! That is so neat that you get to be a part of that!
Post a Comment