What a historic day! I am so proud and honored to be a part of it. I leave for the airport at 4:00 AM to head off to Minneapolis, so all I'm sharing is pictures tonight. I need a bit anyway to take it all in and reflect. If you missed the speech last night, read the text here. Excellent night.
Shawn Johnson recited the pledge of allegience and Jennifer Hudson sang the national anthem (truly amazing voice).
Stevie Wonder was fantastic!
Vice President Al Gore.
Vice Presidential Nominee Sen. Joe Biden.
Hard at work, exhausted and exhilarated, in the Mile High press box.
Senator Durbin's introduction of Senator Obama.
The press corps busy as always.
Senator Barak Obama accepts the Democratic Presidential nomination and addresses 76,000 delegates, supporters, staff and members of the media in Denver, Colorado. Thursday, August 28, 2008.
Celebration after Senator Obama's acceptance speech.
The Obama girls are about the cutest things I've ever seen. Sasha, the baby, was dancing around the stage catching the confetti as it floated to the ground. Absolutely adorable!
What an amazing week! Denver is a great city, and although I worked my tail off, I'm looking forward to having just as great an experience in Minneapolis!
2 comments:
It's so awesome that you were there for all of this! Go Obama!!!
I agree! What an experience of a lifetime! You are witnessing history happen first hand!
Post a Comment