Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day 659

So I didn't make it to Willie Nelson last night...boo! I had to go to the Pepsi Center to meet up with someone, got locked out of the Hall by Secret Service until Sen. Clinton's speech began, and ended up having to work the door and bounce people into our entryway to the hall. It was a nightmare. Some camera crew got me on film turning people away from our entryway to the door and zoomed in on my Senate ID...I was so angry about that one. Only certain writing press, photographers and podium speakers were allowed access, so I was cussed out more times than I'd like by Delegates, reporters, Special guests, etc. This poor little girl was bawling because she couldn't get in and just "wanted to be a part of it all." Poor girl. At that point, I wasn't allowed to let anyone in...Secret Service had specifically prohibited any movement into the hall.

And all this means that tonight and Thursday are going to be even worse security-wise.

Celebrity sightings of yesterday: Gail, of Oprah and Gail (again), Charles Barkley (he is gigantic), Spike Lee (not so gigantic) and Madeline Albright. Ben Affleck was at the party I was at last night, but he didn't make it upstairs where I was camped out.

Sorry, no pics today...I took my camera out of my purse thinking that I couldn't bring it in to Red Rocks, and didn't even make it there anyway. I'll make up for that today though.

No comments: