Friday, March 7, 2008

Day 486

Thank you. For listening and commenting and caring enough to try and hold me up on weeks like this. At work, my boss and some friends keep asking me if I'm okay. "Yeah," I tell them, but of course that's not true. But what do I say? No, I'm not alright, but I can't at all tell you what is wrong with me, or why, because I'm not sure myself. I'm having a bad week. It happens, and there's really nothing that I can do about it. You're just going to have to bear with me and deal with it.

But of course, saying that won't work. That'd be the quickest ticket to an appointment with EAP (Emotional Assistance Program) and a permanent mark on my record. The federal government doesn't mess around.

So I say, "Yeah, I'm okay." And I grin and bear with it, and then let it out for all the world to hear every night. And then there are those of you that care about me, and worry and listen. And you tell me things will be all right and tomorrow will be a better day. And I believe you, even if my actions don't show it. And I thank you, for caring enough to listen, to worry, to love me. Thank you.

1 comment:

Kate said...

thank YOU!!!! for your encouraging words :)...your strength is so abundant you hand it out like a handshake...i'm not sure if you know it...your strength shines even when you must feel your weakest!!! :)