Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 488

I'm dreading tomorrow.

For no other reason than I just have no desire to go to work tomorrow. The weekend just wasn't long enough and this week is going to be REALLY bad. This week, the Senate takes up the Budget Resolution. And Friday, hopefully, we start a two week Easter recess, which means a full week of LATE nights. I say hopefully because if they don't finish on Friday, then they'll go all night long, even until Saturday, until all the pending amendments are disposed with and Final Passage of the bill is agreed to. Then we get to rest.

On top of that, we are in the process of recredentialing all 1500+ periodical Congressional reporters, and the deadline for membership renewals is tomorrow. Considering we only have about 1/8th of them in, I'd say tomorrow and the rest of the week are going to be pretty horrible. The good news is, I get to leave work tomorrow at 1:30 for a dentist appointment.

You know it's bad when the thought of sitting in a dentist's chair for a few hours actually puts a smile on your face.

This weekend I didn't do much. Friday night was movie night. Saturday I ran errands in the morning, then headed to my aunt & uncle's house for Joyce's "suprise" birthday party that my 7-year-old cousin Valeri planned. After that, I ran some errands with Joyce and we went to dinner at Cactus Cantina--yum! Today was grocery store and laundry day. I must confess, I did miss church though. I need to get back with it next weekend. Not too exciting, huh?

As boring as it may sound, I have to admit...I LOVE being able to wake up feeling refreshed during the weekend. Waking up and running around town, taking my time and enjoying the day...it's such a great feeling. It'll be even better in a few weeks when the weather's warmer and the Cherry Blossoms come to full bloom. There's nothing better than Springtime in Washington!

Below are a few pics I took of the kids on Saturday. I'm just starting to learn about my camera, and for some reason the pictures are still coming out a bit fuzzy. I don't think I have it on the right setting when trying to take action shots. But in true Washington fashion, it's good to know people, and I have some photographer friends that said they'd give me some lessons! So excited about this! I've really been wanting to tap into my creativity more, and this is an avenue I've wanted to learn more about for sometime. And the timing is perfect--hopefully soon I'll have some amazing Washington landscapes to share. Until then, check out the kiddos...



The Birthday Girl and Jack



Valeri being a diva and acting out Hairspray



Ryan is way too cool for school and was not a happy camper that day.



Matthew fresh out of the shower and heading off to meet some friends.

1 comment:

Sarah Stringer said...

Sorry work will be a drag but it looks like you had a great weekend! I am so glad your family is around you, what a blessing!