The past two days have been crazy. Thanks to Hurricane Gustav, the schedule was rearranged and then rearranged again. The good news is that the platform is being used to encourage service and donations for the people of Louisiana. Last night I went to a Friends of New Orleans party (the same one I went to in Denver) and the Spirits of the Gulf Coast party (originally supposed to be named the Spirits of Minnesota, but when the storm came, the name changed). Donations were encouraged and abundant, which is always a good thing.
Sunday was credentialing distribution day, which went very smoothly. That night, I joined a friend to go to the Sammy Hagar party. He was entertaining as always and sang all of his best songs. Very fun...thanks Lindsay! She also gave me tickets to the Beach Boys party last night, but I couldn't attend because of the other two parties I had to go to...plus I'm just too tired at this point to do that much party hopping.
I also forgot my camera last night, so no new pictures for you (sorry), but there wasn't too much to shoot anyway. The First Lady and Cindy McCain did speak, so unfortunately I didn't get any shots of them, but they were the only ones I missed. I'll make sure to take it tonight.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment