I've officially been identity thefted. Today as I was looking at my bank statement, much more carefully than usual I might add (thank God), I noticed some strange charges. iTunes for $104. iTunes for $77. iTunes for $55. iTunes for $55 again. Hmmm...pretty sure I didn't charge almost $300 in iTunes charges this morning at 4 AM. The closer I looked, the more I saw that weren't of my doing. About 10 separate charges in all. Ugh, I feel so violated.
So I called Bank of America, and an hour later was assured that they would take care of this situation, it might just take a few weeks. Well, as long as I get my money back. How did this happen though? My card was never stolen, just my card number.
Later in the afternoon, I found out two other friends had similar charges to the same companies in the past week. We narrowed that down to the last time the three of us were together, and discovered that the restaurant where this breach must have taken place was one of my favorite DC spots. Too bad, because they have the best chicken tacos and margaritas in town!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment