No prognosis yet. The doc is running a bunch of tests, and I also have to go get a pelvic ultrasound and go to a Gastroenterologist to get an EGD, which is basically an Upper GI endoscopy. She is thinking that either I have an ovarian cyst that has enlarged or ruptured (possibly having to do with my Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome...and what the ultrasound is for) or that I have an IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) such as Crohn's Disease. I can't see how that is possible considering most people with Crohn's have serious weight loss issues, but I guess with the PCOS's side effect of serious weight gain, maybe it somewhat balances me out.
Anyway, I have the ultrasound Monday morning, and not sure yet about the GI appointment, but I'll keep you all updated. I'm feeling okay today though, but I think it's because I haven't eaten much of anything in the past few days. Oh, she also suggested that it's possible that whatever it is I may have might have been provoked by either a stomach bug that is going around or, my original thought, sensitivity to the salmon I ate Sunday night.
SO that's all I know for now...I have to go to work tomorrow morning because the Senate is in and voting, so cross your fingers I make it through the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Shawna, bless your heart! I hope that you start feeling better very soon!
I hope you get to feeling better! Hopefully they will have a diagnosis for you soon and then you will feel much better!
I am thinking about you! Hope you start feeling better.
I hate that you are still not feeling better! I am thinking about you and hope you start feeling better real soon!
Post a Comment