Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 459

Well, the Tylenol PM did the trick. I was out hard last night, but it didn't really make me feel better today. My day, once again, consisted of sleep and movies. Serendipity, Hook, Band of Brothers (half the mini-series...it's my favorite), and now Sixteen Candles. Still hurts to talk, still can't eat much because it hurts to swallow. Maybe this is the beginning of my flu diet. That would be a plus.

I feel bad, though, bitching when I get sick, because even though I don't feel well, this is nothing compared to the pain dad felt. At the end, we couldn't even touch his skin without it hurting him. He couldn't walk, he couldn't breathe, he couldn't move. And here I am getting sympathy for a sore throat. Just doesn't seem right. Nothing a few days lying in bed won't cure...nothing like dad, or anyone else terminally ill, had to endure.

It's pretty hard to think about most of the time. At the same time, I don't ever want to forget it. Because if I forget it, then I pay him a disrespect. No man or woman should have to go through that. And he did, and he didn't complain and he was tough as nails throughout. So I just made a decision. I'm done being sick. Tomorrow I'm getting out of my bed and getting outside. I think I've laid around enough for one weekend.

1 comment:

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

I'm so glad you found us--I read yours through Amber, too. I am so sorry to hear about your dad, he sounds like he was a really special person.

Do you want to be in Addison's playroup? I'd love to add you to our list!