Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1182

I think it's no coincidence that Valentine's Day falls smack dab in the middle of February. No offense Aquariuses, I'm sure you're all as fabulous as my favorite Aquarius, my grandmother, but come on...February is a tough, tough month. After months of cold, dreary winter, February comes and it gets even worse. Blah. So what better way to brighten our days than a day devoted to love and symbolized by flowers, chocolate, thoughtful gifts and spending time with the special people in your life. Genius.

But hey--Valentine's Day, it's only one day. And so (ignore the first paragraph), I've decided that in order to produce more light in my life, I must begin by banishing the negativity and celebrating the wonderful in everyday life.

Thus, I'm starting a new project: 28 Days of Wonderful

I sort of got the idea from my friend Kelly, who last year completed a 365 day blogging project, and Tobi Fairley, who is blogging this month on 28 Days of Things I Love.

So here goes...

Day 1 of Wonderful: Unexpected Gifts



Today, this came in the form of Christmas presents! I got a few somewhat fragile home accessory gifts this year for Christmas that I couldn't take back with my luggage, and they finally arrived today! Hooray!

There is just something about going down to the mailroom and seeing a letter or package with my name on it that gets me excited beyond belief! Mail! For me! What a wonderful feeling. Unexpected gifts...a great way to start my February.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

this picture maked me laugh. it looks like random crap that we got from a garage sale or something.
I know its all really cool stuff that will look awesome decorating your house but it just looks so random laying there. I guess you can tell I picked out all that stuff - b/c its so random

Marissa said...

the pic made me laugh, not maked me laugh. but now my retarted spelling and grammar maked me laugh at myself