Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 1183

Day 2 of Wonderful: Falling Snow



I wish you all could see just how beautiful the towering trees outside my windows are tonight, with the snow falling all around them. The picture just does not do its beauty justice. My new favorite place in my house is sitting by the window in my reading chair, with a book and hot cup of tea, looking out my windows. When I look out from my chair, I don't see the cars or apartments of the building beside me. I see trees and the sky, and on this winter night, I see frosted branches and beautiful white snow falling from the sky. Must be the romantic in me, but looking out at the falling snow...it fills me with peace and joy.

Saturday we got almost a foot, tonight it's spitting hard, and we are supposed to get about 6 inches, and then this Friday and Saturday even more is forecasted to fall. Punxsutawney Phil today said six more weeks of winter...looks like he might be right. But this is one of the reasons I love living in Washington...we get to live each season to its fullest. Winter is giving us all its got this year. I can only hope that Spring will bloom just as bright, in all her glory.

But tonight, I'm celebrating one more snow fall. Wonderful.

No comments: