
You all should know by now my feelings about a woman taking some time for herself, and the same can be said for a woman feeling confident in her appearance. When it comes to makeup, I feel like your teens and 20s are the time to experiment and play, but by my age, you should feel comfortable in your routine and how you dress your face.
For me, I like to keep it classic and natural for work wear, put on as little as possible when out and about on the weekends, but add a bit of drama for nights out on the town. By now I've got my technique down, but it's still fun to play a bit and get tips from the experts. So you can imagine my excitement today when I went to Neiman's to get new face cream and Bobbi Brown's NYC makeup team was there for Beauty Days.
I must admit, there isn't a whole lot that I am high maintenance about, but my skin routine is definitely one of them. Sadly, I've been cursed with bad skin pretty much my whole life, and now that I've hit the 30 mile marker, am insistent on my routine and doing all I can to keep my skin healthy. That means drinking my allotment of water and green tea each day, cleansing, medicating, sunscreening, moisturizing and treating it with a delicate touch. And I do feel that the routine I've stuck to for the past few years has paid off, because it looks better now than it ever has before.
Anyway, as I said, I went in for moisturizer and came out with a whole new look. It wasn't for me, I wear golds and other warm colors much better, but had her try some fun silver, greys and blues on my just for fun. And I'm glad I did, because now I feel reaffirmed that I know my skin and myself well enough to know what works for me and what doesn't. It's funny, I sat down in the makeup artists chair for a fun day of experimentation, but left with a renewed sense of self. I know myself, what works for me and what is best left for others, and I feel pretty good about that.
Now that being said, I'm off to get ready for a Jersey Shore costume party. And no, of course I did not hit the tanning bed beforehand...I'm trying to prevent wrinkles thank you very much. But I am going to have to let my skin take a bit of a beating, just for tonight and pound on two tons of makeup. Don't you worry though, I've already got an arsenal of moisturizer underneath, and will be detoxing my face as soon as I wake up tomorrow.
The price we pay for beauty...
No comments:
Post a Comment