Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 1206

Day 25 of Wonderful: Extraordinary Strength

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/video/?cid=293332

No photo today, but the link above will serve in its place.

You may remember 8 months ago today when I wrote of the tragic loss of my good friend Sarah and Taylor's baby girl, who passed on prior to her birth. I can't even imagine the pain, anger, frustration and agony a parent must feel to lose a child, especially before ever getting to see her first smile, first laugh, first coo or even take her first breath. Sarah and Taylor are such amazing people, and it's really hard for me to still hear the struggles they go through day-to-day as they are still grieving their beautiful Mamie.

Recently, Sarah was interviewed (linked above) in Little Rock representing an organization she has recently become part of, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. This is a group of photographers who volunteer their services to families who have just lost a baby at birth. Sarah and Taylor were blessed to have photographs taken of sweet Mamie, which they cherish more than words can say. And now, Sarah, who is an amazing photographer herself, is giving back to those who may suffer the unexplainable tragedy that she did 8 months ago. In the interview, Sarah tells her story, and talks about the organization itself.

Sarah, I am so proud of you each and every day. For your strength, your unwavering faith in God, and the love that you and Taylor share. You teach all of us how to survive through the worst imaginable circumstances, and I inspire to grow my faith as yours is.

Please continue to pray for Sarah and Taylor. Although our situations differ so greatly, I understand that the grieving process is a long, hard road until the fog lifts. You never forget, and the pain never quite goes away, but you finally are able to start feeling normal and live again. I love you guys, and am so proud of all you do and hold dear.

No comments: